Friday, August 19, 2011

Rise and shine!

Laying on my back, trying to wake up, suddenly the wind is knocked out of me and a sweet, round little face is all I can see.  She has flung herself onto me and is now belly to belly, grinning behind her pacifier.  Her eyes are creased at the corners, that's how big her grin is.  "Morning Mamma!" she says through clenched teeth, trying to keep her pacifier affixed.  Her hair is wild.  It hangs in her eyes and is swirled in eight different directions.  It is,  perhaps, the greatest part of my day.  "Good morning, my love" I say back to her, and I am completely and unequivocally content.  I have my greatest love on my belly, and my wonderful husband (whom I am also in love with) on my left.  There isn't one thing that could make this moment better.  The great thing is that this moment happens every day.  I get to experience bliss at least one time every single day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment