I've been seeing these awesome lists in the blogging world. Sort of like a bucket list, I see them as "get off your butt and do something" lists. They make a person get up and get themselves out of their comfort zone, and that can only be a useful thing.
Inspired, I stole from a bunch of lists and made my own collection. It's a mish-mash of being in service and fulfilling some festering crafty-type needs. I'm pretty proud of it. For a few of the items I'm going to be reaching out and requesting your support, but I'll let you in on that later.
So I think I'll give myself two months to obliterate this bad boy (possibly with the exception of the art-show and book). I'll blog about each one as it gets crossed off "The List". GAME ON!
- Publish a magazine
- Sell my art at a street fair-style event
- Begin my volunteer journey (The Animal Place and Wild Things)
- Sew my daughter a dress
- Throw a themed party
- Run a half marathon in 3 hours or less (Disneyland, in September!)
- Leave a note for a stranger
- Submit a piece of writing for publication
- Bake a tray of goodies for the local fire department
- Make cards for a local nursing home
- Purge T.V. for a week
- Write thank-you notes to people who serve me: postman, garbage guy, etc.
- Give all our old shoes to "Reuse-a-Shoe"
- Visit the NICU with treats for the doctors and tired/anxious parents
- Write/collect 100 letters for military service people and send them off: http://www.amillionthanks.org/
- Smile at everyone all day- write about it
- Make a no-sew fleece blanket
- Leave presents anonymously on 10 doorsteps (flowers, notes, artwork, etc.)
- Put up 10 "Take What You Need" signs
- Write a toddler friendly vegan kids book (there seem to only be older-kid books with too much sadness in them)