Saturday, June 30, 2012

The List


I've been seeing these awesome lists in the blogging world.  Sort of like a bucket list, I see them as "get off your butt and do something" lists.  They make a person get up and get themselves out of their comfort zone, and that can only be a useful thing.  

Inspired, I stole from a bunch of lists and made my own collection.  It's a mish-mash of being in service and fulfilling some festering crafty-type needs.  I'm pretty proud of it.  For a few of the items I'm going to be reaching out and requesting your support, but I'll let you in on that later.  

So I think I'll give myself two months to obliterate this bad boy (possibly with the exception of the art-show and book).  I'll blog about each one as it gets crossed off "The List".  GAME ON!

  1. Publish a magazine
  2. Sell my art at a street fair-style event
  3. Begin my volunteer journey (The Animal Place and Wild Things)
  4. Sew my daughter a dress 
  5. Throw a themed party
  6. Run a half marathon in 3 hours or less (Disneyland, in September!)
  7. Leave a note for a stranger
  8. Submit a piece of writing for publication
  9. Bake a tray of goodies for the local fire department
  10. Make cards for a local nursing home
  11. Purge T.V. for a week
  12. Write thank-you notes to people who serve me: postman, garbage guy, etc.
  13. Give all our old shoes to "Reuse-a-Shoe"
  14. Visit the NICU with treats for the doctors and tired/anxious parents
  15. Write/collect 100 letters for military service people and send them off: http://www.amillionthanks.org/
  16. Smile at everyone all day- write about it
  17. Make a no-sew fleece blanket
  18. Leave presents anonymously on 10 doorsteps (flowers, notes, artwork, etc.)
  19. Put up 10 "Take What You Need" signs
  20. Write a toddler friendly vegan kids book (there seem to only be older-kid books with too much sadness in them)
And here's a little sweetness to round it out:




No comments:

Post a Comment