Thursday, May 12, 2011

One year ago

Hey Mel, it's me.

Greetings from the future!  It's 2011, and you're getting much more sleep now.  I am writing to let you know that you are doing a great job!  I know that having a 3 month old is tough at times and you feel like you'll never see a full night of sleep again.  You will survive, I mean, here I am to tell you about it, right?

All those decisions you and Ethan are making, like co-sleeping, breastfeeding, holding her every time she cries and ignoring the "you're spoiling her" criticisms are turning out to be fabulous choices!  What a relief, right?!  I know this because Rosanna is probably the smartest, sharpest and well adjusted (whatever that means) one year old I have ever seen.  And her happiness knows no bounds.  She is inquisitive and sassy, she is a stinker but she minds.  It's amazing and I have you and Ethan to thank!

If only I could tell you that now, when you are questioning so much.  I am proud of you for sticking to your choices.  I will remember this when I am faced with the same sort of headwinds today.  It seems we just might know what we are doing after all.  And -get this- you have more friends than you did before!  Crazy, right?  Not only that, but they are quality friends.  The kind I always wished I had.  So having a baby wasn't such a bad decision!  In fact, nothing in life has compared to being a Momma.  But you know that.

Relax, girl.  You're doing great!

Love,
Me



No comments:

Post a Comment