Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gourds!

I have a new love.  I found it at the farmer's market this morning.  There, with it's odd shaped, multicolored family members.  There were at least 5 of them and they were perfect.  I wanted to take them all home, so round and so peachy!  Here is the one that made it in my bag:
I'm going to make my own pumpkin puree with it, and it'll be tough.  I don't want to slice up it's lovely creamy orange skin, it makes me happy.  I also commandeered some of his buddies, a few varieties that I've never tried before and will be cooking up this week.

The longer one is supposed to be the only kind of gourd that you can eat the skin of.  The yellow one is a sweeter kind of acorn squash and the green one is supposed to have dense, sweet meat.  That's what the lady said, and I despise that she called it "meat".  I know it's the correct thing to say, but it kinda oogs me out.  I also got a hold of some Holiday grapes.  They are, by far, the best grape ever.  If you haven't had one, go ahead and spend the few extra bucks- they're totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin puree! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!! I want to try now! I've never heard of holiday gapes... hmmmmm.. I'm quite partial to green grapes compared to the red, but if I see them I'll try them. Now on to the pumpkin puree! HA. I forsee a very fun adventure for both of us! :)

    ReplyDelete