Saturday, July 23, 2011

Senses of Summer

I wish I were this clever, but I loved the idea so much I stole it from another blogger.  Here are some of the best summer sights, sounds, smells, etc of summer:

Eyes:
The grin.  How could it not be my favorite?  Although this one isn't specific to summer time, I'll get around it by saying, her smiles this summer are the best ones so far:




Ears:
The sound of the river rushing along the rocks and the wind blowing through the trees.  It releases my muscles and prompts a cleansing exhale.

Nose:
Sugar pine.  Sunscreen.  Strawberries & blackberries.  Hot, wet pavement.

Mouth:
Strawberries & blackberries.  BBQ.  Cold water in the hot sun.

Skin:
Searing sunshine.  Bare shoulders.  River water and smooth river stones under my feet- well, everything under my bare feet!


Helllllllo summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment