Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 17: Memories

Did anyone else just hear that song from CATS playing in there head?  Hmmm...

I have a love/hate relationship with memories.  They are simultaneously fabulous and vehicles of continued suffering.  I have struggled with and am a great believer in leaving the past where it is.  There is a great phrase I found on pintrest that I think I should post in my brain as a blueprint on interacting with others:

Don't judge me by my past, I don't live there anymore.

Right?  I love it.  I can relate because I know that things I have done in the past don't define who I am now.  Even things I did yesterday.  Today, now, this exact moment is an opportunity for me to be someone new.  I am not even the person I was 5 minutes ago.

Rant much?  Anyhow, some favorite memories are posted below.  I could go on and on and on posting photos, but that would only be interesting to me, so I forced myself to pick just five.






2 comments:

  1. That one of the hike is very cool. Where is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hike was Half Dome- the coolest, scariest and most physically exhausting day (well, next to the marathon) of my life!!

    ReplyDelete